This is the second installment of my "Dinner on the Go" series, where the rules are:
-not too smelly
-inexpensive
-does not need to be microwaved
-easy to pack in a lunch box
-filling & tasty
High standards, I know.
This recipe is called compost quinoa because it's a compilation of all the veggies I had in my fridge that were about to go bad. It's another sorta-recipe, again...not good at the whole precision thing. Here's what I had:
Lemon
Kale
Corn
Red Pepper
Yellow Tomatoes.
Onion
Quinoa
Pepper
And here's what I did:
-Cooked the quinoa (like 4 days ago)
Juiced the lemon, picked out seeds, added juice to Quinoa.
-Sauteed the kale in a little bit of sunflower oil, until it was like a minute and a half from kale chip status. (Hey, I like crispy kale.) Added to quinoa.
-Cut up one small red pepper. Added to quinoa.
-Struggled to open strange baby yellow tomato packaging. Cursed a little. Tried again. Asked roommate to do it. Cut baby tomatoes in half. Added to quinoa.
-Shucked an ear of corn. Boiled for 5ish minutes (take that with a HUGE grain of salt. I boiled it until it was done. Not sure how long it took. Not that long. Google how to boil corn if you're confused.)
-Took corn off cob. Added to quinoa.
-Added lots of pepper. And some salt.
The recipe was very un-scientific and yummy! If you try it- or any variation of it- enjoy!
x M





No comments:
Post a Comment