OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bucket Fillers: April Showers Bring

So, I know I said I was going to try and post semi-weekly about things I've been doing lately (and calling the series "lately") but I decided I liked the idea of making a semi-regular bucket fillers post better.
The original bucket fillers post can be found here

I'm looking forward to May and the end of the school year. I am spending the summer at home, coordinating and planning swim lessons at my local YMCA. I'm going to be sewing (I haven't forgotten my New Year's Resolution!), cooking, and baking as much as possible. 

My mama and I went to the farmer's market this morning, the first time for both of us this season. Many of the vendors know us, some by name, and it was great to be back for another summer. I bought some rananculus (above) and a lovely jade plant in a quirky pot which my mom declared, "you have to call it Tim, because the pot reminds me of a giraffe which reminds me of Tim (a family friend who is very, very tall)." So, Tim it is. 


Sam has had the song "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons stuck in his head for over a month. He goes around belting it at the top of his lungs and when the song comes on, he grabs the nearest person and dances with them in the sweetest, jerkiest movements. He doesn't like to lead the dance, but usually the partners he grabs-- sometimes our mom or brothers-- don't know how to lead either. So he instructs them to hold their arm up while he spins, backleading like a pro. 

May, June, July, and August are gonna be pretty rad. I can't wait. 

Love, Madelyn

P.S. currently reading The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton, it's whimsical and peculiar and definitely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips