OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Review: Rug Pad Corner!

Several months ago Rug Pad Corner contacted me about doing a review of their product. They must've been reading my mind because I've been coveting all the pretty rugs on pinterest lately. I think it'll be one of my first major investments when I get my own apartment. Rug pads are a material that goes between the rug and the floor to prevent the rug from damaging the floor beneath while also extending the life of the rug. With rugs as expensive as they are, it's a worthy investment.

Rug Pad Corner is a family-owned business that makes rug pads out of recycled felt and natural untreated rubber. Y'all know I have a soft spot for reusing and recycling. I also have a lot of respect for companies who understand the importance of giving back to the community. This is directly from their website:

"We believe that every person should have a chance at a good life and unfortunately for some, there are conditions beyond their control that prevent this." 


With this understanding, they donate a portion of their sales to three different organizations: St. Jude's Children's Research, The American Cancer Society, and The American Red Cross. The more I learned about this company, the more impressed I was. We laid out the rug pad underneath a rug in my family living room and my and my mom's first comment upon stepping back onto the carpet was "ooohh, it's kinda squishy!" (that would be the natural untreated rubber, I'm guessing). I'll report back in 15-20 years to let you know if the pad lasts as long as it says it will.

I've written some about voting with your dollar, and if you agree with me that the purchases you make support the world you want to see, then this company is one you'll want to support. Their product is great, the business is doing good things. They are offering 15% off  to blog readers with the code REVIEW15.

I leave you with a photo of Ollie, who barked the whole time we laid out the rug pad. He doesn't like when new things are in the house. He's a bit of a 'fraidy cat.
  
-Madelyn

This post is sponsored by Rug Pad Corner, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the rad bloggers and businesses that make running this blog possible. You rock. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips