Reminder, dinner on the go meal qualifications are:
-not too smelly
-inexpensive
-does not need to be microwaved
-easy to pack in a lunch box
-filling & tasty
I started this series because I have two evening classes right after work in the afternoons, which mean I do not have time to sit down and eat dinner at home...or anywhere near a microwave.... which necessitates tasty, non-microwaveable meals.
Let me say, I do prefer this meal hot, if at all possible. But when it's not possible this pasta is delicious at room temperature as well!
Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Pasta (spaghetti noodles)
Spinach
Kale
Black Olives
Pepper (I used an orange one)
Kalamata Olives
Tomatoes
Lemon Juice
Feta cheese
First, I boiled some water and cooked the pasta, and while the pasta was cooking I poured some olive oil into a skillet and sautéed the kale and spinach, I added two diced tomatoes, a diced pepper, olives, and the juice of one half of a lemon to the skillet and let the ingredients simmer for awhile. I always forget that spinach and kale shrink exponentially when cooked, so I added some more and let the ingredients simmer even longer. Then, drain the pasta and combine the veggies and noodles! Before you eat, sprinkle pasta with some feta cheese. Goat cheese would be a tasty substitute. Or parmesan. Or any cheese, really. Except those nasty orange shrink wrapped squares. Ick.
Anyway.
Thanks for the inspiration, E!
Happy Guy Fawkes Day! Wish I had time to watch V for Vendetta, but alas,
I have class.
x M






No comments:
Post a Comment