OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Monday, November 25, 2013

Your Own Drum

I admire people who are different. Individuals who march proudly, fiercely to the beat of their own drum. Quirky, extraordinary people who cannot help but be themselves, 100% of the time. People whose personalities fill the room with a rare genuine-ness that is equal parts exciting and comforting. Do you know people like this? People whose passion for life is infectious, who are brimming with bright ideas and who infect you with their vivacity?
People who are soulful and real. They're the best kind of people. Kids are naturally like this, they don't feel the need to impress anyone, they haven't realized that it's "cool" to be apathetic, detached, competitive, or busy. 
But what I find most impressive is when adults are this way. I am thankful, during this season where we are all count our blessings, to say that I have genuine, beautiful people in my life. People that remind me that contrary to popular opinion, life is not contest or race, and to treat it as such would be a sad, sad waste. People who march to the beat of their own drum. 
Jamie- a super inspirational future teacher.
we happened to blindfold and "kidnap" her  to the park for her birthday one year. i love this girl. 
I'm thankful for my fellow future teachers (Jamie and Erin!) who are inspirational people AND inspirational teachers in a state and country where finding original, enthusiastic educators marching to the beat of their own drum is rare indeed. You guys make me excited about our career and the future. Thank you for that. 

my godparents, i could not ask for better mentors. 
Towards the end of the semester, I always struggle to see past my final exam date. I zone in on grades and deadlines, and it's always nice to have a reminder of that's not really what life is about. I strive to be genuine and real and pursue things that are as well. I love people who remind me of this goal by striving for it themselves day after day. Also, aunts that are willing to take silly mustache pictures with you are pretty rad. :) 
my aunt is such a cool lady. 
What are you thankful for? 

x M 





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips