OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2014

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do for my New Year's Resolution this year. I epically failed at my resolution this year- to read all the works of Jane Austen. I'm sorry. I thought I was a hardcore Austen fan, but I just can't get past Northanger Abbey. It doesn't sound like her... I know it was her first book to be published and I wonder if she had to change her style a little bit to get it published. I need to do some research on that....hmm. Anyway, the year before that, I rocked my resolution. My goal was to read 52 books throughout the year and I just barely made the mark, but I did. And it was the best feeling ever! I love that feeling of accomplishment, like at the end of a long run or at the end of the semester where you just want to high five everyone and yell, "Yippee! I did it!"

High Five Mr. Darcy! Via Pinterest.
^^You're welcome. My resolution this year is broad but specific. I find that these types of goals work best for me because while it's quantifiable, it's also open ended. So, *drumroll please* my New Year's Resolution is:
Make more. 

By "make more" I mean make more music (I registered to take piano lessons from a friend next semester and I am so excited), make more food (like bread, yogurt and cheese. from scratch.), make more crafty things (like this rugthese bags, and this cross stitch), make more home ec. stuff (I already make laundry detergent- a post on that later!- but maybe dishwasher soap should be next on the list?), and make more time for the things I want to do. I am just finishing up a 21 hours semester where I worked two jobs. I've been putting off things I like to do all semester, like, read a book that I have no intention of writing a paper on or going to a yoga class instead of doing sun salutations in my living room. Life is busy, and I realized this semester that it's not going to slow down unless I slow down and I'm not going to have time to do these things unless I make time to do these things. 

What do you want to make? Or make time to do? Any suggestion for things I should try?

x M

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips