OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Spotty-Polka-Dotty: I Am Not a Fashion Blogger


My roommates and I exchanged (some!) of our Christmas presents last night. I haven't given them my presents yet because I bought one in August (Christmas is a year round sport for me) and left it at my parents' house. So they will be getting gifts in January. Like last year. Oops. But two of my gifts were a polka dotted cardigan and pair of tights that I loved and wanted to share with you. 

Disclaimer: I am not a fashion blogger. I don't claim to know anything about fashion or style... my outfits are more fit to wear while teaching in a kindergarten classroom than on a runway and even then they are more "Miss Frizzle" than they are "Fashion-Forward Teacher." If you're okay with that then read on... 


In the spirit of I-am-not-a-fashion-blogger-please-don't-take-me-too-seriously I decided to include the above picture to let y'all know what it was really like outside this morning. Cold. And Windy. 

It was in the sixties yesterday but a front from up north that dumped a bunch of snow before leaving town in now heading our direction. Not a good day for cute outfit pictures. If I was a real fashion blogger, I would've know this. 

Cardigan- DIY/ Skirt- Thrifted/ Tights- Old Navy/ Shoes- Old Navy

So my cardigan was (I think?) a thrift store find and then a DIY by Erica. She sewed mini pom poms onto the top of the sweater. She's super crafty like that. 

My tights also have polka dots on them, which you can't see all that well in the pictures, bummer, but they were a gift from Hayley and she got them at Old Navy. 

Is it ridiculous to say this outfit makes me want to teach an art lesson to a bunch of elementary schoolers? I don't care. It does.

x M

P.S. My boyfriend took these pictures right before running to take a huge test for a math contest called the Putnam, which he is doing all day today before real exams start on Monday. He is crazy, but I love him. :) Thanks dear!  

2 comments:

  1. Ahh love! The pictures are great, and I'm so glad you love the cardi. :) Just binge read all of your latest blog posts and I love them all! (when do I not??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE the cardigan. thank you so much for it! you're the sweetest. :) i need to catch up on your posts too!!

      Delete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips