OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Many Faces of Sam

We had a photo shoot earlier today and I had to share these immediately. My baby brother is getting so old! 

We were singing Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer in the car on the way home the yesterday including the elementary school echoes (Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, You'll Go Down in HIIIIII-STTTTOOOORRRYYY like George Washington!) When he informed me that the one foggy Christmas Eve when Santa came to talk to Rudolf he did not say: Ho Ho Ho, Rudolf with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight? Like I learned in elementary school. Instead, he say (I'm serious here) I lost my underwear! 

Apparently, the lyrics have been updated since I was in third grade. 

He also asked me why we didn't say Abraham Lincoln instead of George Washington and we discussed the syllables and rhyming schemes, but then he asked: wait, what did Abraham Lincoln do anyway? So we spent the rest of the car ride discussing the civil war and slavery and it went something like this: 

S: Why didn't they just pay them if they were working for them?
Me: Well, they didn't want to. They thought that because they were giving the slaves a place to live, a job, and food that they didn't have to pay them. But the slaves didn't want a free place to live, a job, and food, they wanted freedom. 
S: But that's not fair! I'd want freedom too. 

Kiddos are so endearing, especially because they seen things so much clearer than we adults do sometimes. Merry Christmas Eve! I hope you and yours are having a great day. 

x M


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips