OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Getting Reacquainted with my Camera

Mornin'! It snowed just a wee bit here over yesterday. Actually, that's an understatement. It snowed so much that Appalachian cancelled classes before 11 am today.
I shoot with a Nikon D3000 dslr camera, and my roommate's boyfriend is taking a photography class using the same time of camera. The other day, he asked me some question about the functions of the camera and I was a little embarrassed when I couldn't answer them.

I took photography in high school and learned all about shutter speed, f-stop, iso... the works. But I never got to the point where I could adjust my manual settings quick enough to capture moving things (like brothers) with manual settings and have the picture turn out well. So I stopped using them. And, ya know, when ya don't use it ya loose it. 

So I'm making a commitment this semester to get reacquainted with my camera and how it works. I'll be posting some of the photos here on the blog. 

Also, today is my boyfriend's 21st birthday! We played bananagrams and made yummy food last night, and I've made some birthday muffins for him this morning. He's not up yet. So I suppose it's good classes are cancelled this morning. :) 

Hope you are staying warm today! 
x M 

(first photo by Erica)


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips