OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Make// 02: Misadventures in Yogurt Making

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present my first EVER breakfast of my own homemade greek yogurt! *Fist pump* Woo hoo!

If you follow me on Instagram (...or talk to me in person...) you know that I've been trying to make my own successful batch of homemade greek yogurt since last summer-- with very limited success. My mama gifted me a yogurt maker before the school year started, it was garage-sale find and after two batches of runny yogurt I thought the thrifting gods had let me down and I had gotten a defective yogurt maker. Thankfully, this was not the case.

If you're interested, I simply wasn't stirring enough while heating and cooling the milk to make sure everything was an even temperature. So if you're having your own battle with yogurt making: stir, stir, stir. Lather, rinse, repeat. :) I can share the process I use later on, though I think it's pretty standard.

Happy Thursday! 
Enjoy your breakfast. I am. :) 

x M

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips