OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March


Boyfriend and I spent some time during yesterday's dreaded March blizzard drinking hot chocolate and reading more of Paradise Lost. We haven't gotten that far since I last posted about it. And I may be exaggerating a wee bit about the dreaded-blizzard. It wasn't that bad, and, as Noah pointed out, the snow was the fat-flaked, sparkly kind of snow. The kind where, when it falls, everything seems quiet. So I supposed it wasn't the snow part as much as the March part that I objected to. Then again, maybe snow in March isn't so bad...
I'm a sucker for some good juxtaposition. We had an enormous ice storm (not exaggerating this time) in my hometown over spring break that knocked out the power for a couple days all over the city. The temperature in our house fell to fifty degrees. We ran out of batteries for the flashlights. There was a lot of cuddling, hot tea, warm blankets, and minestrone soup over those two days. I snapped this photo the day after the storm when my mama and I were surveying the tree damage around the house. Winter's grip is still tight in our part of the world, but spring is slowly...evvvveeeer so slowly... loosening it's grasp. I'm highly anticipating the opened windows and farmers markets of the coming season and sometimes I have to remind myself that right now is good too. There are seeds to be sown and cold mornings with a warm cup of coffee to be enjoyed. 
I can be patient. 

-Madelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips