I love the "Picture an Hour" posts on oh dear drea and other similar day-in-the-life posts on other blogs so I've decided to start doing a few on here! I intended to take a picture every hour, but usually found myself engrossed in something where I was unable to pick up my camera (like dancing), so I just did the best I could and took note of the time I took the picture... hope you enjoy!
This was my saturday:
7 am- I woke up to the sounds of this rascal pawing at his crate door, so I rolled out of bed and sprung him loose. We spent some quality time outside. He especially likes crawling in bushes, underneath cars, eating leaves, and ignoring me when I try to get him out of the bushes (he gets soaking wet) /pull him out from under the car (bad habit we want to break) /stop him from eating leaves (they make him sneeze). Can you tell I'm not the cool parent? I brought him inside, fed him, made a cup of coffee for myself then went to take a shower and change before going to the farmers market.8:47 am- The farmer's market is my favorite place in the world (forever-and-ever-amen) and I make a point to go every possible Saturday in the summertime. I bought a loaf of sour dough that weighs about 100 pounds, that, coupled with balancing the other stuff in my basket (sunflowers, lemon cucumbers (those green ball things on the lower left side of the basket), tomatoes, blackberries, and pullet eggs) and dodging the crowds of other people in the aisles made it hard for me to get a good picture. So I just took one of my basket when I got home. The lemon cucumbers were an impulse buy... I'm a sucker for weird looking fruits and vegetable varieties I've never heard of before. They're just squat and round cucumbers, same flavor. I'm planning on slicing them and putting then in bubbly water!
9:22 am- unloaded my farmer's market wares and cleaned up a bit. Started a load of laundry. Cleaned some more.
11:13 am- I met up with my friend Ben at the Greensboro Historical Museum for the Roaring 20's Flashback event. We danced in the swing showcase and had a blast! I don't have any pictures from the showcase but I snapped a few throughout the morning when we toured the museum.
Dress up & I don't know why I'm making that face.
The school house exhibit.
The fire engine wheels.
2:06 pm- I make it home in time to craft a bit before taking my brother to a swim meet event. I've been working a lot on some projects for Christmas presents but both the fabrics pictured are for a personal project. (Side note: that bee hive fabric? LOVE IT. It's from 1canoe2, I dig all their designs but especially this beehive one above and this one and this one. Swoon.)
There's a big gap here because I went to a swim meet and didn't take any pictures on the pool deck.
10:04 pm- Peppermint tea in my favorite Espresso News mug to coat my throat after shouting and cheering all afternoon. Typing away on my laptop, writing this blog post and getting ready to go to bed. Hope you have a good night!
-Madelyn







No comments:
Post a Comment