OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I need to be stopped...another Pizza post

Happy Tuesday!

T-minus 10 days and counting until Halloween! I love Halloween. It's my second favorite holiday (next to Christmas) and come November 1st I feel completely justified blaring Christmas music, so there's that added bonus. Anyway, this post is not about my Halloween-love (though there will be a post to come on that, promise). It's about pizza. Are you surprised? Me neither.

I told myself I wouldn't post about pizza for a few weeks because:

a) you probably aren't as pizza-obsessed as I am
b) I needed to use my grocery budget on stuff other than pizza toppings

But, I'm making an exception because this pizza is a brilliant idea (thanks mom!) and I wanted to share it with you. It's a deeelicious combo: olives, peppers, and artichokes; veggie-packed and a tad bit salty.

You'll Need:

-Green Olives, specifically these green olives (found at walmart). Normally, I like black olives, but usually not green olives. These have me converted. Yum.
-Artichoke Hearts
-1/2 of each: Red, Yellow, and Orange Peppers
-Pesto
-Mozzarella

 Use pesto as the sauce, slice remaining ingredients to desired thickness. I halved the olives and chopped the artichokes and peppers.

 I've been working on my crust recipe, and while I don't have a winner yet to share with you I do have some crusty tips to get that delicious, restaurant-esq. crust:

1. Preheat the oven and your pizza stone (and you must use a pizza stone). For at least 15 minutes. Ideally 30ish.
2. Use parchment paper underneath the dough. Cut the paper into a circle slightly wider than your dough (so it won't burn).
3. Broil your pizza for 1-2 minutes before pulling it out of the oven.

Also, these pictures have nothing to do with Pizza or Halloween or anything aforementioned in this post, but I love these pictures and wanted to share. My (tall) little brother had homecoming with his girlfriend two weekends ago. I came home to take their pictures.

And the nice thing about having tall little brothers is that they thank you for said pictures is very dramatic, spinny ways:

Or at least thank you for the photo shoot being over, in this case. Love you Jack! :)

-Madelyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips