Hello! Today I am sharing a living room tour with y'all. My roommates and I rent an apartment that is in the downtown district of our college town. It's a five minute walk from our academic buildings, the library, and the student union. We enjoy that. Less enjoyable is the traffic... the road to get to our place is always busy. I think it's a good trade-off (and of course, you can always bike!). Most of the things that we have were thrifted/ handmade/ bought cheaply.
These flower wreath thingys are one of the things I get the most questions about whenever I post pictures of my apartment. They were made by my roommate Devon (the blonde girl in the picture) with pages of a dictionary and paper plates. She's agreed to do a guest post on how to make them-- look for that soon!
My absolute favorite thing about where I live is the magnificent light we get for a good 7-8 hours a day, it's sunny in this space. It makes me (and my plants) very happy.
This is the wall opposite our couch. I can count on one hand the number of times that TV has been turned on in the past year. We don't have cable.
My shelves in the top left corner of the shelving unit. As you can see, I'm a big fact of stacking things on books and calling that decorating. :) That funky little lightbulb terrarium is from a store in downtown Greensboro that, for the life of me, I cannot remember the name. I'll addend this post when I figure it out because everyone needs a cute lil' thing from them for the holidays.
This cozy little corner is my absolute favorite space in my apartment. This chair was the thrift store find of the century, I'm super jealous of my roommate Hayley who found it at our local secondhand store the week before classes started our junior year. Lucky duck.
(P.S. I spy a happy flag!)
There it is! Hope you enjoyed. Got a link to a tour you love? Let me know in the comments!
chair//thrifted
chair pillow//world market, summer 2014 collection
futon pillows//handmade
flower wreaths// tutorial here
happy flags// natalie creates on etsy
Love,
Madelyn











No comments:
Post a Comment