Happy 2015! I love new years because I look at it as an opportunity to refine my energy and refocus on things that matter to me in a new season. Two years ago, I read 52 books (a book a week) in 2013. Last year, my resolution was to "make more." This translated to developing a lot more content for my blog (you can read more about that here).
Ali Edwards' concept of One Little Word really appealed to my yogic sensibilities: a mantra to define my new year. I flirted with this concept with my "make more" resolution last year.
This year, my word is grow.
What I like about this way of making resolution is that it's painted with a broad brush but I can create "mini-resolutions" that are more specific, traditional goal setting. As I look towards what I want in five or ten years, I see a lot of ideas and things I want to accomplish in my future that require skills I don't have yet: projects related to my sewing, gardening, my financial independence, and the life I want to create. This year, I want to grow into those skills and those ideas.
grow: v. /'grō/ to become better or improved in some way: to become more developed, mature, etc.
Tomorrow, I'll be posting the details one of my more structured, defined projects that fall under my one little word resolution. Stay tuned!
Love,
Madelyn





.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment