OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Saturday, December 14, 2013

365 days

 Today, I've officially been with my boyfriend for an entire 365 days. A whole year. I think this photo says a lot about our relationship:
As does this one: 
 We first met at a scholarship retreat during a game of Ultimate Frisbee, while we were dividing into teams he declared, "shirts versus skins!" and took his shirt off. I rolled my eyes and pegged him as a tad bit conceited, deciding that there was no way we would ever get along. ...I can be a little judge-y on first impressions. I'm working on it.
 We became friends at Swing Dance Club, which took place in the gathering hall at the opposite end of the courtyard from our dorm. We both wanted to participate in a performance, but needed partners. I asked him. He agreed. We danced together for that performance and everyone after that. Eventually, we began teaching beginner classes together.

We were asked over and over if we were dating. It annoyed the bejeezus out of me. We're- just-dance-partners, I would say, feeling like a broken record player. And we were, honestly, just friends. I never thought of him as anything more than my goofy, charismatic dance partner. We taught beginner swing dance lessons together for a semester. We dated other people. When he and his girlfriend broke up, our mutual friend said to me, "You know, you're not being very supportive of him. He could use a friend right now."
 She was absolutely right. I made an effort to spend more time with him, be a friend outside of Swing Dance Club. He made an effort too. And soon, it became more than just a friend thing.


And now we've been here for a year. And it's been a pretty darn good one. 

x M

P.S. Today is also an awesome day because I convinced Noah that I should, in fact, be allowed to give him his Christmas present- which I've had since the end of October- on our anniversary because we won't be together for Christmas and I've been dying to give it to him/tell him about it since the day I bought it AND gifting on a celebratory-non-holiday-day is better than gifting on some random day. Actually, gifting on random days is cool too because then it's totally unexpected. 

(Honestly, I just really wanna give him his present asap.)

P.P.S. These pictures were taken this past Fall by the lovely Hayley Gaines for her photography business, Remember When Photography. She's rad. Go visit her. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh you guys , have the most adorable story . I think best friends fall in love with even better ( I am still finding mine , whoops) . And ofc , your photos <3
    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congratulations! So happy I popped over on such a happy filled day for you two cuties. Sidenote: y'all are just about the coolest people ever for taking Swing Dance classes.
    Shalom,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Swing dancing is so much fun, if you ever get the opportunity, you should definitely try it out!

      Delete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips