When I went to the fabric store with the intention of buying fabric to make a skirt, I had a red or orange-y color picked out in my head. But then I saw the blue bike fabric. On sale. There was no other option.
I used the Kwik Sew pattern number K4042 and followed the instructions. If you're new to sewing I highly recommend this pattern, it's super easy to follow. The skirt was fairly simple. I agonized over the pocket... one or two? Rounded or angled on the bottom? How big? Eventually, I pulled out a medium sized paper pad and folded one of the rectangular sheets hot dog-style and sliced off the corners. Instant pocket pattern.
I learned a lot about sewing while working on this project... namely that sewing is 10% actually sewing, 20% cutting, pinning, etc, and 70% troubleshooting your machine when something goes wrong. I can rethread my needle, replace the needle, replace the bobbin, and rethread the bobbin now. And this was my first solo project.
Next on my sewing project list is a pennant banner... any tips?
-Madelyn






No comments:
Post a Comment