OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bucket Fillers// Long Overdue

Wow, a bucket fillers post is long overdue. I haven't done one of these in awhile! Have you heard of the book Have You Filled a Bucket Today by Carol McCloud? Go check it out the next time you're at the library. It's an awesome children's book about 30-pages long with cute illustrations and a fantastic message: everyone has an invisible bucket that you can "fill up" with good things by having positive interactions-- smiling at a stranger, telling your parents or a good friend that you love them and why-- or you can "dip" into by being unkind or cruel-- by bulling or excluding friends. The young kiddos that I've worked with find it really relatable, easy to understand, and it's very easy to discuss behavior in terms of, "are you filling a bucket or are you being a bucket-dipper right now?" This series is my way of curating the things that have "filled up my bucket" lately. 


My freshman roommate was an international student from Mexico. If a Spanish or English word came up in conversation that wasn't either a cognate or in our (hers-advanced, mine-limited) second-language lexicon, we'd resort describing the word in a kind of high-stakes game of catchphrase until we found the translation. If that didn't work we resorted to google. I learned a lot of Spanish words this way: avocado is Aguacate. Tulipanes (her favorite flowers) are tulips. They make me think of her. 
My morning commute sometimes features a strawberry sunrise. 


His bus was in a car accident a few weeks ago. No one was hurt, but I've been hugging him especially tight lately. 

Tea bag wisdom. Sometimes I think I should get this tattooed on my forehead. 


We celebrated Erica's birthday with this chocolate cake. Birthday cake calories don't count, right?


This. *Sigh*

These songs: Amor T'es LaFor What It's Worth Cover

Love, 

Madelyn






1 comment:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips