I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Facades and Nuances. Blogging is kinda funny sometimes because you write and write and write... and then that writing is out in the world. It's exhilarating and a tad bit scary. It's so nice to get encouragement from anywhere, but especially from other bloggers who understand how much thought and work goes into any given posts. Thank you!
Without further ado, the Liebster Award questions:
Without further ado, the Liebster Award questions:
1. Tell us the story behind your blog! What inspired you to start blogging?
Hi! my name is Madelyn, I'm a cyclist, maker, and writer currently living in the mountains of western North Carolina. I teach yoga and make a lot of pizza. I started a blog because I love writing, taking pictures, and reading blogs. I believed I had something to contribute, but I'm still working on finding my voice and my groove. :) My blog name comes from being known around my town as, "that one girl on the blue bicycle".... that's a little long for a blog name so I shortened it to one blue bicycle.
2. What are some of your favorite blogs?
My favorites to read right now are Dig This Chick, Foxs Lane, and Oh Dear Drea.
3. What is your dream job?
Gardener/Educator/Beekeeper/Writer/Maker/Social Justice Advocate- I just want to live a great life and do good things!
4. What is your favorite color and why?
Believe it or not, it's orange. Which is funny because there's a lot of blue in my life. Orange is just such a happy, vibrant color.
5. What are three things on your bucket list?
Be a mama, Travel Travel Travel Travel Travel, and publish something I wrote.
6. Name three of your favorite books.
Oof, I loooovvvee books. Right now, some of my favorites are Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
7. What is your favorite travel destination?
Cape Town, South Africa.
8. What is your least favorite travel destination?
Is there such a thing? But I don't really like road trips when I can't be in the front seat or driving... I get car sick. :(
9. What place have you always dreamed of visiting?
I actually just wrote about traveling back to Europe (I lived there as a child), but I think my big dream would be to master Spanish and travel in South America.
10. What is your favorite quote?
"do small things with great love." ~Mother Theresa
11. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Maya Angelou, hands down.






No comments:
Post a Comment