OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Status Update

:: I'm in the middle of grading a mountain of papers ahead of report cards coming out this week. This is one of my least favorite parts of my job. A teacher friend described it as "death by a thousand paper cuts." I'm not sure why, but I felt compelled to write a bit here. Some status updates below. 
:: I moved. I live in a cabin on a historical farm in the small community outside the city where I work. It's an old house with beautiful wood floors. I've thrown down some cozy rugs and made it home. Maybe a home tour should be placed on the docket soon.

:: Season Two of Serial is out. I'm obsessed. Go listen.

:: I lacerated my extensor tendon in a kitchen accident not too long ago. I'm thankful for insurance and knowledgable doctors. I expect to have full range of motion back in my thumb in a few months, but I'll rock a lightning bolt scar on the back of my hand for the rest of my life.

:: I feel like I've lost a bit of myself when I started teaching. I love my job, I love my kids, but I miss myself too. I'm hoping in this second semester, I can get back to doing more things I enjoy.

:: My friend Marissa is doing a project examining gender expectations and blogging about it at My Fuzzy Year. She is kind, insightful, and intelligent. I enjoy reading what she has to say.
:: I have big plans for this spring and summer. Looking forward to what this new year brings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips