OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Kitchen Philosophy 101

If you've been around here long enough, you know that I am a kitchen philosopher. I reflect over cups of flour and sugar, dashes of salt, drizzled honey.

I just made a killer cake for Erica's birthday and I while I measured and mixed I thought about a great many things: how this is the third birthday I've celebrated with Erica, the second time I've baked her cake. How we're almost done with college. How time flies.

When I read a book, I rarely feel sadness at then end of a chapter rather, excitement and anticipation for what the coming pages contain. A chapter in my life is about to end: college.

I saw a quote the other day that hit me like a ton of bricks:

the universe took its time on you
crafted you precisely
so you could offer the world 
something distinct from everyone else
so when you doubt 
how you were created 
you doubt an energy greater than us both

-rupi kaur 

I'm not sure what I believe about Faith or Higher Power, or any of those other rightfully capitalized words, but I see this quote and resounds like a bell in my chest. It's a great time of year, a great time in life. I'm not yet sure what I have to offer the world that is so distinct from everyone else-- now is the time to discover that.

My roommates and I are brainstorming ways for this chapter to end with a bang: a big party, a beach trip. Something that says: this chapter was great, the next will be even better. 'Cause it was. And it will be.

with big hugs and chocolate cake, 

Madelyn

P.S. This. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips