OneBlueBicyle  siteheader
 photo about_zps08731ab1.png photo recipes_zps7be3bbe6.png photo make_zps95396d6f.png photo ramblings_zpsc2361014.png

Monday, April 6, 2015

April Sewing Project// Arrow Tail Quilt

This month's project made me say a lot of bad words.

 I used this resource as guidance, but quickly struck out into my own territory when I realized that somehow-- despite using a template-- some of my cut pieces weren't the same size. *&%$.

I realized this after sewing some of them together. Double @!#$%.

I did my best to follow the instructions and try to make the rows as even as possible. Even still, this quilt leans like a cool kid.

While I was working on the binding I broke a needle off inside the bobbin carriage. It spun around inside a few times and ended up doing something funny to my machine because the replacement needles (yes, needles.) all scraped the sides of the entry and jammed the machine all over again. $#!*&. It's still broken. I haven't had the patience to get around to fixing it yet.

I haven't wanted to get a sewing project the ^%$@ over with yet this year. This one lay on my bedroom floor for almost an entire month. By the end I didn't care how it looked. I just wanted it over with. It turned out okay. A good first try, I'd say.

I love these pictures though. The rough memories of this project are already smoothing themselves over in my mind. Like, was it really that bad? 

I could totally do another one of those...maybe. 
I just have to fix my machine first. 

-Madelyn

March Sewing// here
February Sewing// here
January Sewing// here



1 comment:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips